Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dark Clouds, Then Rain


I arrived home yesterday afternoon just as a dusky thunderstorm heaved over the Rocky Mountains.  The storm rapidly engulfed the entire valley and then the Elkhorn Mountains.  I stopped once on the drive through the ranchlands, stepped out into the peculiar calm before the coming rain and hail, and captured a photograph with my twice-as-smarter-than-me-phone.

 
By the time I arrived home, thunder had begun to rumble constantly from somewhere deep within the interior of the mountains to our west.  I retrieved my digital SLR camera and seized one more photograph of the lead stormcloud dragging overtop the prairie.  I stood out beside my house for only a minute or two before wind drove heavy rains and hail down against the entire expanse and forced me inside.
--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:

  1. I especially like that photo of the dark clouds looming on the horizon. They remind me of this song entitled "Clouds." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC97j6lfyc

    ReplyDelete