Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, March 29, 2024

A Long Short Walk

Yesterday, after I taught a Code-heavy continuing education class to a gathering of power plant electricians, Desiree and I piled all of my labs and materials into our car, and I drove some 6 hours to get back home. A profound exhaustion overtook me once I plopped down onto my sofa alongside Desiree to fully unwind. After sitting there for a few minutes, I extracted myself and started walking toward the kitchen to pour a glass of wine. After only a half dozen steps, I hit a wall. I turned Desiree with a sheepish grin and said, “Hey, hon, mind finishing my walk to the kitchen for me? I think I’m out of fuel here.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment