Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, September 11, 2026

Winter Negotiations

One thing you learn early is that no matter the season declared by the calendar, you don’t wander far from your heavy coat here in Montana. We don't really have four seasons in the standard sense of those. Around here, it’s more fractured negotiations between winter and everything else, with winter getting regular allowances across the board. As I have mentioned before, I have seen snow at my house on the valley floor every month of the year, including July and August.

I mention this in light of the fact that we are now descending into cooling temperatures over the next few days. Some of you may want to start snuggling your coat. At a minimum, all of us should locate one.

For any newcomers: Welcome to Montana.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment