Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thoughts Held Open: Fourth Thought


I was sitting here thinking about how I once became brooding and upset when someone fell asleep as I took them on one of my favorite scenic drives.  This occurred many years ago.  Surprisingly, I think about this “incident” fairly often—it has become something like a wispy thought-ghost that haunts me.
I now ask myself: Did I not enjoy the drive?  Is sleeping nefarious?  Was the sleeping of my fellow passenger a personal affront to me?  Was the landscape around us at all hurt by this?  What, really, was I expecting?  How did I make a pleasurable drive all about me?
The incident is a good reminder of how shallow I can be.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Nothing to do with depth or shallowness. You were wanting to share something you apparently value very much. But values differ and some may not appreciate the same things you do or does not have the same degree of appreciation that you have. Another possibility is that they just couldn't help it but sleep at that particular time, because their body demanded it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you are correct. You are a sage soul.

    ReplyDelete