Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Puzzle Update

I have an update on the puzzle we are working on. It’s titled The Peckish Pirates. When you piece the entire thing together, you are charged with opening up a second package for some additional “magic” to be applied.

Putting the thing together is, I hazard to say it, puzzling. First, we had six corner pieces. Once you get in a bit deeper, you discover that the inside is filled with edge pieces. Also, there is a series of three sets of three pieces that can be interchanged (incorrectly) at three waterfalls within the puzzle. Finally, the box says the puzzle will measure 28 x 21 inches, but it appears to be closer to 28 x 19 inches.

I am posting a photograph of the three interchangeable sections and another photograph showing our progress to date.

In the event you plan on doing this puzzle yourself, I will not divulge anything more about the puzzle, other than a final photograph before we apply the magic.

Three Matching Sections

The Puzzle to Date

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment