Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Multitasking


Above the sink in my kitchen is one of several windows I open at night so that I can establish a cooling breeze that will circulate throughout my house.  Near my bedtime last night, I ambled to the sink thinking I would have a glass of water and then open the window.  Once I arrived at the sink, I held a glass under the faucet, flicked the window lock, and then cranked the window opening handle.  Geez, I thought, what is the deal with the water?  Why is the glass not filling?
I cranked the window open a little more.
Several more seconds passed before I realized I was cranking the window instead of operating the faucet.
Multitasking is not for the weak of mind.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment