Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, February 25, 2022

Bad Hair

Forensic Files is one of my favorite television programs.  I appreciate the deep dives into details and science.  I am also impressed by the unwavering perseverance of the investigators.

While binge watching a pile of episodes from the 1990s, I observed something curious.  A majority of the prosecutors featured appear to be wearing toupees.  Sometimes, poorly fitted toupees.

This has become a distraction for me.

Why are the prosecutors wearing fake hair?

Is that a thing?

I am reminded of another weird hair element from the 1990s.  During the long Montana Freeman standoff in 1996, I noticed two weird details when reporters interviewed locals from Jordon, Montana.  First, if they were standing outside, you could hear geese in honking in flights overhead.  Secondly, all the local men had horrible haircuts.

I mentioned this to my sister, Deb.  “Have you seen their hair?  They must all go to the same bad barber.  Check it out when you watch the news.”

My sister called me sometime later.  “You’re right.  Their hair is awful!  I didn’t notice before.”

“It’s crazy,” I said.  “Now that I noticed, I don’t pay attention to anything else.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment