Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, February 4, 2022

Two Wasgij Puzzles

I recently completed two Wasgij puzzles.

“Wasgij” is jigsaw spelled backwards.  Wasgij puzzles are a challenge in that no image of what the cartoon puzzle will look like when complete is provided with the puzzle.  The picture on the front of the box will only give you a few hints of what to expect.

I enjoy a difficult jigsaw puzzle and I get a kick out of cartoon puzzles.

The puzzles I completed were titled Wasgij 16: The Christmas Show!   A single box contained two 1000-piece puzzles.

When pieced together, one puzzle depicted children on a stage performing their Christmas program.  The second puzzle featured parents and other family members watching the show.

If you have read my blog much, you know I regularly prove I am an idiot.

Thanks to the Christmas show puzzles, I managed to prove so one more time.

I have done enough Wasgij puzzles that I don’t bother looking at the box cover, instead I flip the box over and use it for sorting pieces and storing some of the sorted pieces.  It wasn’t until I finished both puzzles that I realized this box, for the first time, imaged one of the two puzzles.  Apparently, I ignored the banner on the box informing me so.



Wasgij Box Cover



Puzzle #1



Puzzle #2   

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment