Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Catnap

Yesterday afternoon, the urge to catnap caught hold of me as I stood in my sunroom soaking in light after our days of cold weather.

I asked myself: “How would a cat nap?”

The warm sunlight was my answer.

I immediately fetched a soft cover pad from one of my deck chairs and a couple pillows from my sofa.  I flopped everything onto a patch of light my sunroom floor.

Within a few minutes I was blissfully napping in a sort of nest there on my sunroom floor.

I woke something a bit over a half-hour later.

I was not alone. 

After fluttering my eyes to focus, I found a yearling mule deer standing immediately outside the sunroom glass looking in.

“Hey buddy,” I said.

The deer remained there even as I pressed my smarter-than-me-phone against the window for a photograph.

Ta-da!



Sunroom Nest



My Visitor

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment