Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 5, 2022

My Reward

Yesterday, I painted some trim in my sunroom.  I did so without having a single conniption fit.

That’s a pretty solid performance for me.

Upon the calm completion of my work, I figured I deserved a reward.  So, I did what any other kid from East Helena, Montana, would do.  I baked myself a huckleberry pie with the last of my harvest from the summer of 2020.

My shortbread pie crust topping turned out a bit like something I made from scraps I found in my garage (with plenty of mismeasurement).  Or, as Desiree put it when I showed her the pie via my smarter-than-me-phone: “What happened to the top?”

No matter how it looked, the taste proved bright and upright.



Prepping the Pie



My Pie Cooling Outside   

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment