Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Mitch Altered

Social media is now awash with better versions of everyday folks. Thanks to AI, you can ship your photo off through the mysterious blue tubes and have it altered to your preferences.

Question.

Why not me?

The other day I grabbed a photo (electronically speaking) and handed it off to ChatGPT with firm instructions to “make me handsome.” That’s quite a cliff to climb, I realize, but ChatGPT made a valiant effort by removing wrinkles and giving me a tan.

Desiree also took a run at handsoming me up with an app on her droid. Apparently, that application deemed a mean-looking version of me would be more attractive.

As it stands, I think I’ll stick with the features I inherited from the thousands of years of questionable selective breeding and occasional bouts of heavy drinking.

I’ve posted my original photo along with the altered versions.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment