Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Our Cats Are Ignoring Us

Apparently, the University of Tokyo ran out of ideas for building humanoid robots.  Instead of working robots, they dispatched some “scientific” researchers to conduct tests on domestic cats to determine if cats are ignoring us.  The results of this study were recently published in the Animal Cognition journal.

Guess what?

Cats are ignoring us.

Cats hear us just fine when we call out to them or (foolishly) attempt to throw a command in their direction.  As “researchers” noted in their study: “Cats do not actively respond with communicative behavior to owners who are calling them from out of sight, even though they can distinguish their owners’ voices.”

They choose to ignore us.

I am a bit perplexed by the need for any study.  One of the researchers could have simply called me and asked me if cats ignore us.  “Yes,” I would have said.  And then I would have sent them an invoice for my handsome consulting fee.

I have lived with eight cats.  They all ignored me.   

This is easy stuff.

Mitchell Hegman

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment