Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am not a great fan of densely wrought philosophical reasoning. I am much more excited by anything whittled down to the simplest form. If a five-year-old and a forty-five-year-old can see the same thing and be impressed, enlightened, or delighted, that is perfect. Just the same, I have spent many hour debating and pondering human existence. We all do that. Throw in God, gods, religion, and your preferred political stance. Or, if you prefer, throw all of that aside. I suspect that all of us could fill books with our own brand of overthinking.

The other morning, as I drove to work, thinking about Ecclesiastes and then about atheism this simple idea struck me:

Birth = True
Death = True or False

Ain't much more than that.


--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment