Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

XOXO


As I sat in my hot tub last evening, a tremendous rainstorm spilled clouds into the valley.  The clouds, oddly enough, looked something like burlap sacks filled with writhing snakes.  Probably, these clouds were what you might term as “ominous.”  A smart guy would have climbed out of the tub, taken cover in the house and, as a final gesture once inside, developed a plan for world peace.  At the very least, I should have grabbed a cold beer.
But we are talking about me here.  I am, as my friend Rodney used to say, “ungood” at thinking stuff through.
So I sat in the water outside as the clouds rapidly converted to jade-colored sheets of rain, rolls of thunder, and lightning strikes that momentarily shattered the sky to bits as they flashed all around me.  Geez, I thought to myself, this might be a little dangerous out here.
I don’t know if I mentioned this--but I had already downed a glass of Scotch. 
Anyhow, rain hit my face.  The wind blew.  And my mind (having a mind of its own) rather wandered off to play with Tinker Toys, as usual.
I began to think about XOXO.
You know, when you write that at the end of a letter.  XOXO.  Hugs and kisses.  You need to employ your imagination, but if you do, the X might look like four lips at the point of kissing.  The O, if you stretch thought a bit, represents four arms in a hug.
Sure.  XOXO.
Flash…Boom!
I love lightning.
Hey!  Boom!  An Idea!
Maybe I will start a new craze: XOXO-XYZ
Hugs and kisses and a bit of a feel.
First step in developing world peace.
Storms are so cool!
--Mitchell Hegman


1 comment:

  1. Imaginative description of X and O! Clever parallel between the storm and the birth of XOXO-XYZ!

    ReplyDelete