Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

-38 Degrees


At 4:33 this morning, I found myself traversing Prickly Pear Creek while driving through the valley on my way home after dropping that girl off at the airport.  On our way to the airport, as we crossed the creek, I had remarked, “I often find the coldest temperatures right at this spot in the valley.” 
True to form, my car registered a temperature of -38 degrees Fahrenheit when I thumped across the bridge above the creek.
I captured a rather poor image of my instrument panel showing the temperature and have posted that here.
Consider this:  Our normal high for today should be something near 44 degrees.  Our low should be around 21 degrees.
We are talking 59 degrees colder than normal.


—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Scary cold. So weird for this late in the year. We were experiencing temperatures as much as 50 degrees less than normal.

    ReplyDelete