Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Unwinding Sunlight


Buckminster Fuller, the inventor of the geodesic dome, was both inventor and philospher. He was concerned about "sustainability" in our human existence long before anyone else in the world took much notice of such things. He once said something like this: "Fire is sunlight unwinding from logs." That may not be an exact quote, but the beauty of that thought has stuck with me for some thirty years beyond when I first read it. I will not diminish Buckminster Fuller's by trying to distill his life onto my page. But I can tell you this: I always think about Buckminster Fuller when I see solar systems. This week, we installed a 2.6 kW photovoltaic array on the roof of our Montana Electrical JATC training center. The photographs I took have a beauty of their own.

This one if for you, Bucky!

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment