Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Email to a Friend


X,

A brand new day! I have eaten something sweet, coffeed myself, and read from Wallace Stevens, The Collected Poems, his poem: Fogs Eat Butterflies. Snakes Eat Frogs. Hogs Eat Snakes. Men Eat Hogs. And that is only the title of the poem. Imagine the poem knowing only that! All of this and not a single of the dozen clocks around me has cracked 4:30 in the morning. Each of them displays a slightly different time, of course. Accuracy, like so many things, must be held at bay as we try to make human this world.

You may yet be sleeping. You must, therefore, take my word when I tell you that the sky has again pivoted over to the cobalt side. Stars have spun up all around my home. My intention is to step outside and seize them. Make the best of your day. Be kind. Complete something important.

Upon my return.

--Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment