Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Favorites

Orion is my favorite constellation. Driving to work through the star-swung cerulean of our early morning sky today, I looked up and saw Orion at ready stance above the center pivot alfalfa fields and later above Lake Helena. One of my quirks is that I have a favorite of every sort of thing. Orion is my favorite constellation. Eight is my favorite number. J is my favorite letter of the alphabet. Blue my favorite color. The Crazies are my favorite mountain range; I love how the peaks burst up from the floor of the plain. Huckleberries are my favorite of favorites. Here is the important thing: huckleberries never grow in an ugly place. And I know where the huckleberries grow.

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment