Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year’s Resolution

I, MITCHELL GEORGE HEGMAN, of the planet Earth, state of Confusion, do hereby make, publish and declare this to be my New Year’s Resolution, hereby, thereby, ____________ (fill in the blank-by), revoking (at least violating) my prior Resolutions and Better Intentions.
FIRST:
I declare that I am of sound mind, with the possible irrational exception of, on occasion, intentionally trotting around the inside of my dwelling wearing only a single black sock on my left foot (while otherwise nude), at the end of a long muddy road within low hills filled with sage and juniper; and that I have one white sock and a Led Zeppelin hoodie from a previous life.  The word “hoodie” as used in this will mean Led Zeppelin, the rock band, not a big, fat cigar-shaped dirigible.  The word “kogic,” if used, shall be ignored as I was probably attempting to write “logic” but tapped the wrong key.
SECOND:
A.    I RESOLVE TO, from the 1st day of January until the 31st day of March, step outside and listen the lake-ice moan and cry at least once each evening and try to interpret the sounds as if they were communication songs as sung by blue whales.  I FURTHER RESOLVE TO determine how to interpret blue whale songs.

B.     I RESOLVE TO employ only kogic and not emotion in relationships in which finances or twice-baked beans are involved.

C.     I RESOLVE TO find one of those “Mean People Suck” bumper stickers and affix said sticker to my Chevrolet automobile.

D.    I RESOLVE TO determine why capital letters are so overused in legal documents.

E.     I RESOLVE TO live a little each day.
THIRD:
This instrument shall be construed under the Third Law of Thermodynamics and shall, therefore, allow for diminishing application in accordance relative temperatures, etc.
FOURTH:
IN WITLESSNESS WHEREOF, I MITCHELL GEORGE HEGMAN, the testator, sign my name to this instrument on this ______ day of __________________, and being first duly sworn, do hereby, whereby, nearby declare that I sign this, after having imbibed a glass of Scotch and eaten king crab, willingly, and that I execute this instrument as my free and voluntary act and that I am 50 + 5 years of age, reasonably good-looking, not particularly sane, hairy in all the wrong places, fond of vinegar, and probably unwilling to abide by any of the aforementioned ARTICLES.

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment