Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Appliance Repair

Female Appliance Store Clerk (Answering the phone with a pleasant tone):  “Good morning!  So-and-So Appliance and Repair.  How may I help you?”
Woman Customer Calling In: “I need to have one of your technicians repair my clothes dryer, but I have a few questions about that.” 
Clerk: “I would be happy to answer your questions.”
Woman Caller:  “First, is there any possibility that I might get my dryer fixed this week?”
Clerk: (After browsing through the work schedule): “I think we can schedule you in as soon as tomorrow afternoon.”
Woman Caller: “Great!  You never understand how much you need something until it stops working.  My next question is about method of payment.   What if someone else wants to pay for the repair?”
Clerk: “As long as we can get the payment sorted-out before the repairman goes on the call, we can do that.”
Woman Caller: “It is a Valentine’s gift from my boyfriend.”
Clerk: “What?”
Woman Caller: “For Valentine’s day, my boyfriend said he would have my dryer fixed.”
Clerk: “Weird.  Are you going to break up with him after he pays for the repair?”
Woman Caller: “No.  I am really happy.”
Clerk: “But we are talking about repairing your dryer.”
Woman Caller: “Are you kidding?   I love it.”
Clerk: “I would slug my boyfriend if he did that to me.”
Woman Caller: “I appreciate practical gifts.  I think this one is very sweet.  I am thinking about giving my boyfriend a big kiss.”
Clerk: “All-righty, then.  I will need to get billing information from your…ummm…boyfriend.  He will need to call us and authorize payment.”
Woman Caller: “Maybe we will start a new trend in modern romance with this.”
Clerk: “You know what?  I really don’t think so.”

--Mitchell Hegman

  

No comments:

Post a Comment