Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 5, 2013

I am:


Thankful that my feet still reach the ground when I step from bed each morning.
Happy that a chipmunk was not nesting in my barbeque when I lighted it yesterday afternoon (unlike that time I caught one on fire and it leapt free when opened the barbeque lid to see why the barbeque was smoking so much and smelled funny).
Fortunate that the fillet knife I fell on in that fishing boat years ago only stabbed an inch or so into my ass.
Afraid to stop working.
Just plain happy most of the time.
About due for a haircut (and even a really bad one may qualify as an improvement).
Considering learning to juggle long knives.
Tempted to pack up my essentials (toothbrush, Jesus Christ Superstar DVD, ragged sweatpants, orange Montana Electrical JATC shirt, Pilosec) and move to some tiny isolated town here in Montana so I can spend a few weeks living there…just to see what that feels like.
Thinking Ekalaka, Montana.
Still willing to pull down my pants, upon request, and point to the scar on my ass where the fillet knife stabbed into my butt.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment