Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Alive @ Five


Evening last, Mission Mountain Wood Band performed at Centennial Park in Helena as part of the weekly Alive @ Five series.  The concerts are free to the public.  Mission Mountain Wood Band (having achieved legendary status here in Montana) drew in several thousand people.   While I was standing amid a jostling crowd near the beer tent with my friend Kevin, an attractive young woman in a white summer dress bumped into me in what might only be described as a “fully-frontal” manner.
Had both of us been holding drinks, we would have inadvertently mixed a Long Island iced tea.
Had either of us been wearing one less article of clothing, a shotgun wedding might have followed.
The young woman, somewhat flustered, excused herself and was immediately absorbed back into the ever-shifting crowd.  Smiling to myself, I watched her fade into a sea of men wearing baseball caps and the smartly dressed women who either mistrust or love the men wearing baseball caps.
I spent the rest of the concert wondering if I enjoyed bumping into the woman a bit more than I should have.
--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. lol! Your slip is showing dude. Looks like you haven't been getting enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends had a T-shirt that said: "Too much ain't enough!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gluttony like avarice is a sin!!!

    ReplyDelete