Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fall Art Walk


Evening last, four of us bundled into coats and drove to Last Chance Gulch for the 32nd Annual Fall Art Walk.  I was impressed with the size of the attending crowds.  The walking mall and shops along the Gulch were often shoulder to shoulder.  Over thirty artists (of every medium) displayed their works at the various participating venues—which included public entities such as the Lewis and Clark County Library, shops, and a few local taverns.
If you need a reason to love living in Helena, Montana, this event is certainly one to employ.  Some of the paintings and photographs on display stopped me dead in my tracks with their beauty or unique perspective.  I circled around some of the detailed woodworks in awe.  All of us were impressed with the unique shops on Last Chance Gulch.  That girl and my sister purchased items from several places.  All of us stepped into the Rialto for a drink.
I found myself most impressed with a young artist named Hailey Hendrikson.  A crowd stood outside a small women’s boutique called PHILOSOPH(i.e.) watching through an outside window as Hailey worked on a drawing.  I captured a smarter-than-me-cellphone photograph of Hailey.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: