Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Election Day

In a few days we will have an opportunity to cast our votes in another election. This has been an ugly election season; one that I fear may even dissuade some from voting. Frankly, I would rather have people vote against everyone and everything I believe in than not vote at all. Few of our privileges are more important than this. It is ugly right now--weedy as hell out there--but remember this: those who vote plant the seeds that become our collective garden. We will most certainly plant a few more weeds again this season. Clearly, some ill-qualified and stupid people are seeking our vote. Hell, I might oblige a couple of them. On occasion, I like to try and throw a lunatic in the mix. I once voted for Ross Perot!

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment