Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome to Sequin World


If sequins were people yelling rather than decorative thingumajigs, my house would be the equivalent of a huge stadium filled with thousands of fanatics.
Let’s begin with this picture:
 
The photo is of a few of the zillions of sequins I have vacuumed, swept, pinched, and dabbed from my floors and carpets over the last few days.
I sometimes suspect that the sequins are breeding in the wee hours, though I know better.
I know where they came from.
Technically speaking, they came from my clothes washer.  More specifically, the sequins were shed from a dress in my clothes washer—a long, slinky dress (once) covered with them.  The sequins virtually poured onto my floor when I first opened the washer and pulled forth a pile of clothes.  The other articles of clothing were measled with sequins.  Now my whole house is afflicted.
I am guessing the dress had directions for washing.  I would further guess that gentle washing by hand was suggested.  Here is the thing, I am an electrician and Ariel Murphy is an Ariel Murphy and neither an electrician nor an Ariel Murphy is inclined to read some silly directions before proceeding on anything.
We know how to do stuff!   
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment