Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Hot Pot


The picture I posted today is one I took about seven years ago at a hot pot in Yellowstone Park.  I like the photograph for the odd colors and almost startling contrast.  To add to the abstract quality of the photograph, I framed a tight shot of only the edge of the pot; which provides no meaningful reference for the subject.  This photograph is a companion to the two photographs that I posted on June 29, 2012—captured in the same area, though many years apart.

--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. It almost looks like an oriental screen painting. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, Mitchell Hegman...Yellowstone was my ultimate midpoint goal on my cross country trip to get to Hawaii. I was there Aug 23rd - Sept 4th. They say every trip there is different, but it was so wonderful! I posted a facebook diary of some of the 1000's of photos I took - I'll cherish that trip there forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am less than 200 miles from Yellostone and try to get there at least once each year. I also try to drive though Glacier National Park every year.

      Love both places!

      Delete