Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, February 18, 2013

I Am Not Alone Where the Moonlight Finds Every Stone


I am not alone when I run in the open.
I am not alone where my hands are able to find their own shadows in the walking sun.
I am not alone when the wind sighs long and falls against the grass.
I am not alone where the moonlight finds every stone.

But I am alone where the trees gather together and become a place of many rooms.
I am alone when the small branch-clinging creatures scamper higher into the trees and look down on me.
I am alone in places where stones have stacked into walls.
I am alone whenever I must pause for direction.



--Mitchell Hegman
Photo: Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. Nice! The picture is great with the statement, but I immediately found myself drawn to the cut of branches of the tree and what looks like a repair on the wall below it where a branch fell. Was that the case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes on that, Pete!

    The photo, Ariel Murphy, was taken at the Masonic (Lodge) Nursing Home in the Helena Valley.

    ReplyDelete