Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Observations at Fifty-Seven


Though I admire pretty, I crave honest.
The gas tanks in both of my automobiles are full. 
I understand why, when I was only five, an old woman gave me her beloved collection of stones and gems, a collection that took her sixty years to gather. 
I am no longer afraid of the dark.
I am just beginning to understand electricity.
I have grown fond of one particular green ceramic coffee cup (and use it each morning).
I actually check to assure that my socks match as I dress in the morning.
If I could go back in time, I would un-vote (my own word?) for Ross Perot.
Thomas Jefferson and Nicola Tesla are my heroes.
I am no longer appalled by the thought of using my own money to purchase a throw rug.
The thought of always living alone is the most frightening thing.

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment