Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Name Them Yourself


Remembering the names of constellations and seeing what others see in the smattering of stars is often difficult.  Try, as example, Camelopardaus.   If that is too easy, try Serpens.
A friend recently suggested that inventing your own constellations (and reinventing them nightly) is a much more practical approach.   You simply gaze up to the firmament and find constellations you fancy as the mood strikes you.
I tried that last night.  Almost immediately I located Lopsided Box.  Just beside that I found Three-Legged Dog.  Before long, I had the spangled sky filled with constellations.  I found automobiles, kitchen utensils, Salma Hayek, Man Raking Leaves and even Blinking Cellphone up there.    
I figure that the next logical step is finding adult-rated constellations. 
As a final note, Salma Hayek may not count because I pretty much see her everywhere.    
--Mitchell Hegman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment