Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Water Boatman in my Hot Tub


While soaking in my hot tub one pleasant evening this last week, a water boatman smacked into my face and fell into the water just below my chin.  Before I could react and scoop the creature out of my tub, the boatman swam down near my favorite body parts and began swirling about somewhat suggestively.  A couple of thoughts came to my mind immediately.
Can you pick which two of the following considerations occurred to me as I watched the boatman? 

A.      We don’t take your kind around these parts, well, especially around those parts.

B.     You may have met your match there.

C.     I wonder how you tell a girl boatman from a boy boatman?

D.    Well, you are pretty cute for a bug…

E.     I appreciate your ambition, but you are really not my type.

F.     I hope you are not thinking what I think you are thinking.

G.    I hope you are not thinking what I am thinking.

Just for your information, you can tell a boy boatman from a girl boatman by the way they sing. Male water boatmen are, as a point of fact, the loudest creature presently living on Earth.  They produce their great noise by rubbing their penis briskly.  I will reveal more about that in an upcoming blog.  Until then, if you picked “A” and “C” for my thoughts, you are correct.
Finally, I did manage to scoop the bug from my tub.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment