Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spring Takes a Winter Vacation


A spring-like warm spell has decided to take a winter vacation in Montana.  Yesterday, the noon sun minted shiny new coins of water from melting snow on my driveway and cut golden pathways of wintering grass through the fields of white snow.  My resident bird, a certain Mr. Townsend B. Solitaire, tap-danced with sheer joy (clickity-clickety-clickety-click) across the metal roof on my house.  My cats, warmed by the sun, developed a very-near-friendly attitude for the better part of a full hour.
I sat outside on my front step taking in the sun and the steady thrum of water threading into my rain gutters from the last banks of snow melting from my roof.
Happy the sound of melting snow.
A warm blanket about me the high sun.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: