Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

$41.99


“Forty-one, ninety-nine?” The kid asked incredulously.
I nodded. “Yep.”
He continued: “And that is for just the razor heads, not the whole razor?”  He studied the small box I had handed him at the check stand.
“A true fact,” I said.
The kid was about nineteen and had just a bit of peach fuzz for whiskers on his face.  One of the linear fluorescent lamps directly above us in the giant box store pulsed with bad light.  “Buying this kind of stuff doesn’t really bother me anymore,” I told him.
“No?”  He asked as he punched keys on his cash register.
“Not much,” I said.  “I have become practical in middle-age.  I am just happy that I feel like shaving and happy to still be here buying anything.”
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: