Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Like a Plane Crashing

When rescuers and searchers arrive at the site of a jetliner crash where the plane has plummeted to earth or into the ocean after a breakup in midair, they often find victims stripped of their clothing.  The sudden violence and abrupt exposure to wind speeds of hundreds of miles-per-hour is sometimes enough to peel-off shoes and socks.

Apparently, I sleep like a plane crashing.

The other morning, I woke sprawled across my bed at an abnormal angle.  When I came fully aware of my surroundings, I discovered one of my pillows fully naked beside me—the pillow case for the pillow was crumpled against the headboard and far from my reach.  The rest of my bedding appeared to have been frozen while caught-up in a tornado beside me.

I have noticed that my 40 pounds of housecat often refuse to sleep in my bed…maybe they have developed a fear of flying.

--Mitchell Hegman 

No comments:

Post a Comment