Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Two Dogs

From the light came William Wordswoth and from midnight came Charles Bukowski.  Two poets.  Two dogs fighting to fetch the same stick.
 
From Wordsworth: Daffodils
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine...

From Bukowski: before Aids
I’m glad I got to them
all, I’m glad I got so many of them
in.
I flipped them
poked them
gored them.

…I picked them off
the barstools
like
ripe plums.

And remember, it was Wordsworth who said: “To begin, begin!”   And Bukowski is widely regarded as having said: “Find what you love and let it kill you.


--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: