Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Gone (From the Lake)


Over the two days, I have been spending time with friends and family on the lake.  Many times, we boated past the scene of the house destroyed by fire at the end of Rainbow Drive.  I have still heard nothing beyond the finding of “minimal” human remains in the charred pile.

The scene remains quiet.

You can see the dock, a walkway leading up to where the house once stood, the well-tended yard, and a bit of the garage behind the rubble.  Some of trees have been scorched.

Posted today is a photo I captured of the scene from my pontoon boat.  The photograph was captured in fairly low light conditions by my smarter-than-me-phone and is not particularly clear.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Sad but eventually people will get used to seeing nothing there except what remains in their memories

    ReplyDelete