Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Lost and Found


Maybe there is a lesson in that day, long ago, when I took a series of wrong turns on some remote stone and shadow roads in the forest and found myself lost in the mountains above Marysville.  Fighting my urge to turn back, I slowly eased my truck down a steep, rutted trail and discovered a beautiful vale at the bottom.  There, I found the very place where a small spring emerged from the ribs of a mountain and splashed away inventing the green grass and upright trees that have surrounded me for all my life.

--Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. There is wisdom to be found in most everything as long as we have the ability to recognize it. What would seem like disasters sometimes turn out to be blessings in disguise. Nice prose, imagery and symbolism Mitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are correct, Ariel Murphy. So many things in this life come in the form of blessings in disguise. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete