Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Happiest Deer, Stotting

I prefer mule deer. 
To what do you prefer them you might ask?
Well, I definitely prefer mule deer to mayonnaise and mustard.  I prefer mule deer to, say, stepping on a prickly pear cactus while wearing my slippers.  I like mule deer far better than cleaning out the refrigerator after I spill pickle juice in there.
I could go on and on.
But let me explain why I prefer mule deer.  I like to watch them stotting (springing) away.  Stotting as a nice mix of cartoonish and agile.  No other animal in our surround displays this behavior.  It is almost as if springs have suddenly come undone inside the mule deer. 
Rather than having me explain, watch the video I have posted. 

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment