Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sticky Note Rationing

Well, it has finally happened.  I have officially been placed under a strict sticky note rationing program by the local authority having jurisdiction (formerly known as that girl).
I will admit to slightly heavier than normal use of sticky notes.  I have an innate need to compile lists, jot down important dates, and extend myself reminders.  I recently wrote about this.
Not long after waking and pouring herself a cup of coffee yesterday morning, that girl sat at the kitchen breakfast bar and began scouring through a swell of sticky notes splayed across the countertop.  She was seeking a note she had written to herself a few days ago.  As luck would have it, she found, instead, a flurry of notes I and Geddy Parker had assembled while estimating the cost of the electrical system for an upcoming construction project.
I will admit, we generated a few notes.
After flipping over three or four notes and setting aside several others, that girl said: “Okay, that does it.  I am going to have to start rationing sticky note pads to you.”  She then split in half a nearby sticky note pad and handed half to me, laughing.  “Here you go.  You can use these for now.  We can talk about more when those are gone.”

--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment