Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Slow on the Uptake

In my hometown of East Helena, Montana, people like me are referred to as “slow on the uptake.”  What that means, when translated into the Queen’s English, is that it took me until yesterday to figure out that women are totally different from men.
I even have a photograph to prove it!
Yesterday, after spending a good portion of the day prepping for a class I will be teaching today, I slammed around the kitchen cupboards looking for something to munch on.  When I opened the cabinet where we store our crackers, I saw the saltines I had opened and then stored the other night and the Ritz crackers, that girl had opened and stored the same night.
Based on the photograph, I think one of us is bumbling through life and the other is that girl.

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: