Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 9, 2019

4.22 Out of 5 Isn’t Bad


Every so often (just because I like to scare myself) I will conduct a Google search on my own name.
As time has gone on and the state of technology, social media, and electronic record-keeping has broadened my footprint out there, my search results have resulted on more and more detail.
The results range on a scale that starts at surprising and extends all the way through to disturbing.
This morning, for fun, I threw my name into a search one more time.
There is a surprising amount of detail about me (and, I would guess, you) out there on the wires and inside remote servers.
At one site, I discovered I have a “reputation score” of 4.22.  I guess that’s pretty good.  The highest score on the scale was a 5, and a graphic located on the page upon which I landed clearly indicated my score was good.
Here is a “snip” of the graphic:
Sadly (possibly fortunately), my reputation score is based on only a single review.
For about 15 seconds I considered figuring out how I could give myself a second reputation review.  But, instead, I found a few photographs of me and glanced at those.
Not good.
Rather, as my buddy Rodney says: ungood.
—Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. I will look up myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a surprising level of information. I think LinkedIn and Facebook account for a great deal of information. And, of course , we both have blogs.

      Delete
  2. You have a blog site. Mine is asleep!

    ReplyDelete