Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Brain Cramps

While shopping at the grocery store, I chanced upon a man who was essentially frozen in place before an expansive display of cheese. I immediately recognized the issue: he was suffering from a brain cramp (a loop of confusion).

Because I also get brain cramps, I have always thought I should have been equipped with a rest button on the back of my head. And I would appreciate it if someone pressed the button when they recognize I am having such a malfunction.

Thinking I might help the gentleman at the cheese display, I approached him and said, “Too darned many choices, huh? I avoid the potato chip aisle for the same reason.”

The man smiled and then mentioned something about one type of cheese producing excess oil if cooked in some manner. The important thing is our brief interaction reset his brain, and we both went on our way again.

Several minutes later, the same gentleman approached me. “I have a joke for you,” he suggested. “My granddaughter in Mississippi told it to me.” He then told me a joke about a mama chicken and her babies. The joke was rather cute, and I would love to share it with you, but I suffered my own brain cramp on the next aisle over and lost most of the joke to that.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment