Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Signs of Schizophrenia

It’s probably not a good idea to use the internet as a means for self-diagnosing medical issues. Between latching onto the wrong threads and overly simplified information, you can easily go down the rabbit hole. Even idling around can lead to trouble. For example, a link featuring the first signs of schizophrenia popped up when I was browsing the internet. Being the idiot that I am, I clicked on the link.

Here are some early signs of schizophrenia: social withdrawal, difficulties concentrating, unusual behaviors, and suspiciousness or paranoia. I mean, that’s me! I no longer like going to bars. I can’t remember why I went from one room to the next. Lately, I find myself bursting into song when I am alone in my house. And I doubt almost everything the twelve-year-old-looking clerks in hardware stores tell me about the coverage of the paint they are selling.

I am displaying the signs.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment