Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 24, 2024

I Said a Dumb Thing

I said a dumb thing while chatting with a couple of guys in a box store checkout line earlier this week. While mentioning the warming weather (read any temperatures above freezing here), I said, “It feels like spring.”

I was immediately greeted by dubious looks from the other parties. “Wait,” I quickly amended, “I’m a Montana native. I know where we are on the calendar, and I know winter never really leaves. I’m just suggesting it feels pretty good out there today. The snow is even melting a little bit.”

For the last couple of days, temperatures have been tickling at the fifties. I know there is a snowstorm ready to pounce on us sooner rather than later, but I’m telling you, it feels like spring. And I am not alone in this; I even spotted a moth fluttering around outside the house at dusk yesterday evening.

—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Ah… spring in the air said the American. Why should I retorted the Englishman.
    I’m hard pressed to tell the difference here in Bayawan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a notable difference in weather between Bayawan and here. No doubt about that!

      Delete