Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, January 30, 2012

What I Thought I Heard

As is often the case when I am listening to the news, I hear what I wish to hear as opposed to what the newspeople are actually dispensing.  This habit is pretty helpful in maintaining what I prefer to believe rather than the reality actually facing me.  Years ago, I recall hearing someone on the news say:  “…and comics may crash into the moon.”  Only after sitting there, quite puzzled, imaging my favorite comedian flying through space toward the face of the moon, did I realize that the sacrificing body in question was a comet and not a stand-up about to deliver a final punch-line.      
Early this morning, when someone on a show populated with nicely dressed political yappers suggested that the presidential nominees would soon be sorted-out in the political primary season, I swear I heard that the nominee would be picked at the political crime scene.
I think I am going to just trot on ahead with that one.
--Mitchell Hegman  

No comments:

Post a Comment