Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Shawl and Top Hats

Last week, a winter storm draped a flawlessly white shawl of fresh snow overtop our valley and the crown of mountains that surround.  Reported snow accumulations vary from point to point, generally stacking higher as you climb into the mountains.  At my house, I am guessing that I netted something near eighteen inches of fluffy powder.  This storm conceived a rather more fashionably appealing look than do our usual storms thanks, mostly, to a lack of winds during and after the snowfall.  The tops of fenceposts and trees and manner of upright things sported tall white top hats of snow when the sun finally emerged and the stormfront eased away.  Diving home on Friday, I stopped to snap a few photographs of the horse-ranch country near my house.  I have posted a photo of the snow-softened landscape that I snapped near my home in the low hills.  
--Mitchell Hegman


No comments:

Post a Comment