Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rum and Coke


In this crazy dream, I found myself toasting the president of the United States of America, who just so happened to be an alligator named Bob.  The vice president was a fish of some kind.  I thanked the president for pushing Congress to pass a law that would make it illegal to write any more country songs with lyrics including any reference to “my daddy.”   While this seemed a fairly restrictive law, perhaps, verging on the fringe of unconstitutionality, I raised my glass and drank down my rum and Coke, pondering what might happen if someone assassinated our alligator and forced our fish into the presidency.  At some point, I awakened to a cat walking across my chest.  Somewhat startled from leaping from one perception to another in an instant, I thought: “Dear God, the absurdity…to even imagine me drinking rum and Coke!”
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment