Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reasons for Not Growing a Beard


I don’t grow my beard because, even at this advanced stage of my life, some portions of my face fill-in rather sparsely.   Basically, my attempts at growing a beard make me look as though I am overreaching—like a kid who just started sprouting a few stray whiskers letting his mustache and sideburns fly.  Several women that I know can actually grow a much better beard than me.  But they refuse to grow them because they come out gray.  

--Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. I lucked out with the St. Clair beard gene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I started growing a beard 1/29/87 on a cold night in Florida delivering a Thoroughbred foal (it was at the urging of a girlfriend at the time). Shaved it off in stages on my 50th birthday, but grew it out again immediately - thinking now of a change - maybe just a type of goatee.

    ReplyDelete