Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kevin Trudeau Annoys Me


I have tried to live my life by seeking and standing only amid the bright washes of light provided for me.  I have tried not to allow other people to influence me with negative inputs.   I try not to speak poorly of others.  But I must admit, Kevin Trudeau has always annoyed me.
He has annoyed me more than anyone in the world, actually.  He has even annoyed me more than Richard Simmons (who is overly-nice) and the Kramer character on Seinfeld (who I wanted to strike with a blunt object).
Kevin is too slick…and pyramid-schemey…and ever so faux-concerned.
Certainly you know Kevin, the ubiquitous hawker of books and super-wonder remedies.  How about this one:  Free Money “They” Don’t Want You to Know About.  If that one does not strike a memory maybe Debt Cures “They” Don’t Want You to Know About will do the trick.  If not that, maybe you need Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You to Know About as a reminder.

I am not sure who the “they” in “they” are but “they” have certainly made Kevin a prolific purveyor of, well, himself.  He has filled bookshelves, seminar venues, and dominated the infomercial scene.
He is famous.

Sadly enough, a few days ago, a jury in Chicago found Kevin Trudeau guilty of criminal contempt for making false claims about his latest best-seller, entitled The Weight Loss Cure “They” Don’t Want You to Know About.  A related civil case recently saw a $37 million judgment levied against Mr. Trudeau.  Regarding that, Kevin Trudeau claims that he is broke and cannot possibly pay.  Apparently, he has not read his own book about all the free money out there.  Given that, he may wish to now read his book on debt cures.
While Mr. Trudeau certainly ruffles my feathers by simply being insufferable to watch, I do not see a need to jail him.  He is merely guilty of being annoying.  I don’t know the details of the monetary judgment brought against him.
Finally, I see that Kevin Trudeau launched a defense fund website.  Just for fun, I went there to look around.  I even went to the associated Facebook page.  The Facebook page was “liked” 125 times at the time of my visit.  Apparently—judging by some of the postings—his defense is all about our freedom and protection of the American way of life as we know it.  Surely some smart fella could find the makings of a good book in all of this.  There must be something “they” don’t what you to know about funding the lawyers needed for such a high profile case.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment