Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

One Moment


Every so often I have one of those moments.  I had one yesterday morning.  While sitting on my sofa drinking a cup of coffee and writing an exposition about the safe use of digital multimeters on live electrical circuits, a memory suddenly ruptured all of my intense concentration.  At once, I vividly recalled opening the door for my wife as we entered the wood-front Dewey Bar in Dewey, Montana many years ago.
My wife was laughing just then.  The June grass across the highway shone bright green in the sun.  I watched my wife enter the wood-smelling tavern, leaning only a little against her golden cane, still laughing.  Her dark hair became reflective as she entered a wash of light inside.
Then all memory vanished again save the sound of laughter resounding in my ears.
Yes, we can smile.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice, love does stay in our hearts! Happy Thanksgiving Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes our loved ones live on in our hearts and memories....what a great moment!!!

    ReplyDelete