Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Day My Cat Attended College


I had a dream that, Carmel, one of my cats and I attended college together.  Carmel enjoyed wandering around the heavily wooded campus (where he garnered much attention), but did not take well to the lectures.
While sitting in a large lecture hall and listening to a male professor with a particularly deep voice explaining “bubbles” in the economic sense, my cat finally opted out of the whole college scene and began screaming and clawing at the seat he was sitting in.  Naturally, I swept the cat from the seat and fled the lecture hall.  As soon as we exited the hall I fell into a dream about Afghani women in pale blue burkas chasing white lambs through a white-walled city.  Carmel became a black lamb in my arms.  The lamb kicked me awake.
Sometimes, waking is a major letdown.
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: